Monday, October 19, 2015

HERVEY BAY AND BIRTHDAYS

YEAH!  I can now post a few updates!  Sorry for the delays!  We are still kicking along down under and time is flying by so quickly!  My parents came to visit last month and were here for E's birthday.  It was so great to have a piece of home here for a little while.  E turned 4 and she didn't want a birthday party this year because she said, "it's too loud when so many people are here!  I prefer to have sausage sizzles and a strawberry cake with ice cream."  So, it was sausage sizzles (hot dogs) and strawberry cake with ice cream.  We had been told that seeing the whales here is a once in a lifetime experience and it was every bit of that if not more!  We did see them breeching the first year we were here while camping but getting to see them up close left me speechless.  Words can not describe seeing such a large creature have such grace.  Absolutely beautiful!  Hervey bay is about 3 hours north of Brisbane and is noted as the whale watching capital of the world.  Every year the whales migrate from the cooler waters north of Australia down to the warmer waters around here to calve.  We were able to see quite a few mothers and calves playing around in the bay.  It was amazing to hear them slapping the water with their fins, breeching, and swimming in pods!  We were very blessed to see such an amazing display and as Dad said, "I'd never thought I'd be on the bottom of the world watching whales!"  Enjoy the snapshots!  Oh yeah, I turned 40 in July and my birthday present is the cute little fuzz ball we named Bribie-an Australian Shepherd who has fit right into our family!  (Bribie is the name of an Island about an hour from here that we make frequent visits to) God bless and love to all!
Yes-I'm 4! 



CRUISIN' THE WATERS OF HERVEY BAY
BRIBIE JANE


No comments: