I had to post about this place! I only took 2 pictures-one didn't turn out so well- the day we went (about 3 weeks ago) because we WILL go back. The pastries are well worth the wait and the day we were there we really didn't know what to get. So, we ordered hamburgers and Adalyn had a sandwich. While we waited for our order, the place got so crowded--it was around 4:00 p.m. and the waiters started bringing out these HUGE trays filled with sandwiches and cakes that looked "to die for". Well, obviously it was tea time and I can not wait to go back for an actual tea. They had excellent shortbread cookies and I promised Adalyn we would get some to take home. When we walked over to the confiteria (bakery) side we were standing shoulder to shoulder with people waiting to buy all kinds of baked goods. (of course they don't beat a good kolache but hey...we're in Argentina) We patiently waited about 15-20 minutes 'till they called our number and walked away with heart shaped chocolate dipped shortbread cookies (not as good as Scotland's shortbread but a close 2nd) and the BEST medialunas (croissants) that we have had here so far. Anyhow, they place has huge stained glass windows, an antique stairwell, and antique bar...just beautiful! As we left, the line to get into the cafe part was out the door and around the block! If you check the webpage, http://www.lasvioletas.com/ it explains in great detail the history of the place....very informative!
One of 12 stained glass windows
2 comments:
Beautiful! Literally! ;-)
Ha! Guess I should've proofread a bit more...it's fixed now Granny Grammar!
Post a Comment